MALCOLM BRENCHLEY Dip AD. Hon’s. Cert Ed.
For quick access to any part of the page, please click on the title of the subject that you wish to view.
PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION & TRAINING
CLIENTS AND DESIGN PROJECTS
As an experienced professional designer, lecturer and manager, I am an innovative lateral thinker, able to predict profitable and marketable technological and consumer trends. I am also a confident and enthusiastic communicator with a high degree of practical abilities.
1973 First Prize winner: Observer / Woudhuysen Student Design Competition
Office Equipment Design Section.
1994-1998 Course Director, Part Time Foundation Art and Design
1980-1998 Lecturer Grade LII. BTEC General Art & Design, Art Foundation Courses - Croydon College of Art.
- I had overall responsibility for the academic content and delivery of a two-year programme for 68 mature part-time students.
- I was responsible for selecting, contracting, and supervising a team of six part-time staff.
- I designed and implemented a 2-year diagnostic programme, which dovetails with 5 supporting areas: to achieve a cohesive yet flexible personalised programme.
- I have a wide experience in producing BTEC Programme submission documents and annual student course handbooks.
- I have a proven ability to communicate my enthusiasm to students and have developed a particular rapport with adult learners, motivating and encouraging them to develop their creativity.
- The course has developed a national reputation for quality. The 18 students graduating in 1998 were awarded four distinctions and eight merits for their final major projects
- In 1997 all 24 final year students secured placement on prestigious London and UK University courses.
- Many of my past students have become notable artists and designers, employed in film, TV, the fashion and design industry, freelance design practices and craft studios.
- Freelance Design Consultant - BRENCHLEY DESIGNS
- Designers for Industry Consultant – Design Council
- Design Director - Whymark Instruments Ltd.
Company Secretary - David Hardy Research
- My designs involve inventive flair; I was the first person to develop and programme proportional spaced typefaces for dot matrix printers.
- My experience of developing ergonomic keyboards enabled me to design an operator interface for advanced brain mapping technology.
- I co-founded two IT companies: Whymark Instruments and SM Electronics Marketing.
- I designed and developed a complete range of Industrial Electronic Products.
- In collaboration with an electronics engineer I constructed and tested working prototypes.
- I have extensive manufacturing processes knowledge in metals and plastics, including extruding, injection moulding and vac forming.
- I commissioned and oversaw manufacturing of components, circuit boards and casings.
- I have a broad experience of marketing skills in both small and multi-national companies.
- I designed all supporting marketing material including leaflets, brochures and adverts.
- Producer and Graphic Designer - Sperry Univac Computers, UK /USA
- In my capacity as Graphic Designer at Sperry Univac (now known as UNISYS) I commissioned and produced multi-media audio-visual productions for both the UK and American marketing departments, which were used for sales presentations, exhibitions and conferences.
- I was responsible for the programming and control of audio-visual events company wide (approx. 1 per week) I assisted with product launches at Wembley Conference Centre and Birmingham NEC and at the company headquarters in London, New York, Philadelphia.
- Teacher Art and Craft Design - Winton House Grammar School for Boys.
- Freelance Product Designer - Butlers Wharf Studios, partner David White.
- My clients: The Burton Group, store interior design and graphics for Burton, Top Shop, Dorothy Perkins, Top Man, Evans, and designs for flagship stores in Regent Street and Oxford Street. Twinlock Sasco, office equipment and products including; wall chart systems, Display Easels, White Boards, File systems, Company catalogues. Seeco Office Equipment, London stores interiors, Mabco, office-charting systems.
Adobe PhotoShop Techniques
- Audio-visual Production Course - A.V.L. New York.
1972 Broadcast Audio Techniques Course - Norwood Technical College.
Education Management - Croydon College.
- Small Business Management Course - NorthEast London Polytechnic.
- Company Management Training Course - Sperry Univac.
PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION & TRAINING:
1985 – 1986 Certificate of Education. Garnett College, London.
1971 – 1974 Diploma in Art & Design with Honours Industrial Design
Central School of Art and Design, Southampton Row, London.
1970 – 1971 Foundation Course in Art & Design. - Croydon College of Art
Treasurer of Local Neighbourhood Watch.
Past chairman of South East Surrey Dyslexia Association.
Organise house meetings, parent’s courses, and RSA teacher training.
CLIENTS AND DESIGN PROJECTS:
BURTON SHOP INTERIORS
TOP SHOP INTERIORS
WHYMARK INSTRUMENTS LTD.
DOT MATRIX COMPUTER PRINTER 40COL.
FLAT BED PRINTER
132 COL. PRINTER RANGE
BIO-RAD CORP. OF AMERICA
SERVOMEX TAYLOR SYBRON
CO. 2 ANALYSER
FLUE GAS SENSOR
MEDICAL GAS ANASLYSER
SLE MEDICAL INSTUMENTS
MOUNTAINS OF THE MOON UGANDA SAFARI LODGE HOTEL
SM ELECTRONICS DIAGNOSTIC KEYBOARDS
DRY WRITE BOARDS
SEECO OFFICE EQUIPMENT LONDON STORE INTERIORS
RECALL TELEPHONE ANSWERING DEVICE
To the top of the page.
4 Greenwood Drive, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 5PJ.
Tel – 01737 761919 Fax Line – 01737 211359